Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Electric hand tool recommendations

Chris Dubea wrote:

Care to elucidate upon this?

While building a boat, managed to burn up and get rebuilt under
warranty every P/C model belt sander except the "Choo-choo" which is
no longer available.

These days, I'm fooling around with furniture, the "Choo-Choo" just
sets on the shelf collecting dust.

If I need a flat glue-up, head for the drum sanding outfit.

Such as?

I use a 10 year old, 18VDC, DeWalt panel saw that came with a drill as
a kit.

Add x 2x2x1/8x96 aluminum angle and a couple of 3", C-Clamps and I'm
good to go.

Cut pieces 1/4" proud and then clean up with a router or table saw as
req'd.

HTH

Lew