Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Kendrick Tom Kendrick is offline

Default Electric hand tool recommendations

You WILL use the jigsaw and circular saw with some frequency. Go get
what you like and consider refurbished equipment to keep the cost
down.
Regarding the belt sander, hold off the replacement until you see how
much you need one. Continue shopping, but don't buy it until the
project comes up that calls for it. You might find another tool that
you will use more frequently.
I have a PC LH circ saw and a Makita RH circ saw. Both are
professional grade. I currently favor the RH Makita probably because
it's newer and comes with a blade brake.

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:41:16 -0500, Chris Dubea
wrote:

My lovely grandmother sent me a nice check for my birthday that I want
to use to replace my elcheapo craftsman and black and decker electric
hand tools.