Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default does home depot's drug testing of employees prevent qualified people from working there?

"nowforsale" writes:

you decide

Heh... LOL.

That's a good question! Given that the folks in the trades aren't
exactly known for having normal percentages of drinkers and tokers,
one could certainly reason that folks with experience and know how
might get turned away at HD. But, at a retail outlet, do you really
wanna be dealing with the addict subset of otherwise knowledgeable
tradesfolk anyway? I mean, they let those folks operate forklifts
near customers and all.

But I'd have to think that it's a 2nd order effect at best, and that
lousy pay, corporate drive to show earnings and revenue growth, and of
course, us creating our own hell as consumers by consistently valuing
low prices over quality service is likely more to blame for the
difficulty of flagging down a knowledgeable person at Home Depot.

However I will say this:

You can much more easily find a HD associate that knows
something about home improvement than you can a Guitar Center
employee that knows jack **** about what they're selling. So
it could be worse!

Best Regards,
--