Posted to alt.home.repair
rank beginner rank beginner is offline

Default drilling holes into side of house

Hello:

My first time posting here.

For the first time in my life I'm a homewoner, and have little
experience in diy or working
with tools. At 40 now, I'm trying to catch up in a lot things others
learned
years ago but did not have the right circumstances to do that. I want
to learn and doing projects and repair myself I find rewarding and fun.
But I'm overwhelmed at times.

My question. I would like to drill holes into the side
of my house. The holes will be small. It's for a small surveillance
camera.
The siding is the traditional wood siding, no baten board, aluminum or
vinyl.

My question is: Are there studs behind the wood to look for? I'm
guessing there are, I guess
that's the "framing" of the house. Can I just drill on any area of
wood? How deep should I drill?
if there's no studs, how will the screws hold?

Thank you,

Chris