Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Home Depot sucks

door into the opening which, I'm sure, they would/will do assuming you
don't stop them. The $30 front-end fee and the reluctance to provide
data to a customer is to prevent the otherwise inevitable "drive-offs"
that would otherwise be the result--they measure, the customer takes
the measurements and goes somewhere else. Sad to say, I can't blame HD
given the state of most customers these days.

I can. Either one I'd be ok with, but both is stupid.
If HD is going to charge up front $30 bucks to go and measure
the door, why do they CARE if the customer then takes the measurement
elsewhere? I'd be perfectly happy measuring people's doors at
$30 a pop.