Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Dubea Chris Dubea is offline

Default Electric hand tool recommendations

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:50:31 -0500, "sweetsawdust"
wrote:

I have the P-C 352 vs. Good sander easy to use. Mine went out after about
100 hr of use, the trigger switch burned out. Repair according to PC is
about $100 +, switch costs $7.10 but they want to change out the armature.
Don't even know if I can buy a switch myself since there are 5 models of the
sander and mine is the oldest. I am going to try an independent shop to get
the switch and give it a try, the armature looks good to me and all the
smoke is from the switch. When it works it is nice and does everything you
ask of it with no complaints or problems, when it's broke it is broke. I
wonder if this is B&D's way of getting me to buy a new sander? I never had
problems getting parts of PC tools in the past.

H'mmm that's interesting. It's not encouraging when trigger switches
fail on electric tools.

The trigger switch on my VS profession B & D now only has one speed.
In it's defense the drill was immersed in brackish water thanks to
Katrina. I'll have to see if parts are available.

Thanks for the info.