Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Home Depot sucks

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
t...
Why anyone goes there for installed items is beyond me. Is it so
difficult to open the yellow pages (a phone book with yellow paper in it)
and find a locally owned contractor?

When I was Contracting I never charged to look at a job and give them a
quote. The big box stores prices really aren't that good to justify
charging to measure. There a ton of Mom And Pop carpet and flooring
stores, the one thing they do have is real service.

Appliance stores, too. There's a huge buying consortium whose name I forget,
but it allows locally owned appliance stores to easily compete with HD,
Lowe's etc. And, you get actual service.

The regional warehouse is right down the road from my office but I can't
remember the name. It is a pleasure to do business with the locally
owned appliance stores who provide real service.

For example,I needed a refrigerator for an apartment I own. I called a
local shop and did everything over the phone including arranging for a
call 20 minutes before the truck was going to be at the apartment so I
could go over and open the apartment.