Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Why did they break?

Mike S. wrote:
Could someone take a look at this site:
http://www.geocities.com/littleboyblu87/broke.html
and tell me what would cause the railing to break and what would
cause the chair to break?

I've been accused of breaking these (I didn't) and I'd like to know
what happened to them. The railing is broke at the top of the
stairs. When people go down the stairs they tend to lean or put
their wait on the top part of the railing.

The chair is rarely used anymore. It's picked up at the top every
week on cleaning day and moved to another room. The cats also like
to climb and stand on the very top part of the chair. They've also
knocked it over once or twice.

Bracket - as others said - because it is pot metal (often zinc). Pot
metal is weak and brittle...next time use steel or even brass.

For the chair, I vote for the cats as culprits...looks like it got a
good hard whack when knocked over. Either that or someone leaning on
it hard.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...