Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default plumbing

mamace wrote:
If water is leaking out of the bottom of the toilet (down on the floor),
what should I do? It is not leaking really really fast but it is coming
out at a good rate. I have shut off the water to the toilet. But is it
something I can easily fix or do I need to call a plumber?

Also the bolts to the tank were rusted really bad and leaking. I bought new
bolts and put them on and one side still keeps leaking (the same side that
was leaking before I changed them). I have bought two sets of bolts to
tank kits and neither seem to stop the drip. Can I just cheat and put the
bolts on, tighten them and then put some kind of caulk or sealant around
the bolts? Or do I need to call a plumber?

Bolts, seal between tank and bowl and wax ring. You can do it all
yourself but first time I refastened a toilet to the floor, I screwed
it too tight and broke it. I now just have a plumber come in and put
in new toilet to replace old ~5 gal. flushers when serious problems
develop.
Frank