Posted to alt.home.repair

Default plumbing

"mamace" wrote in message
news:bc8a7281e8946779b6fc00b08e854f5b@homerepairli ve.com...
If water is leaking out of the bottom of the toilet (down on the floor),
what should I do? It is not leaking really really fast but it is coming
out at a good rate. I have shut off the water to the toilet. But is it
something I can easily fix or do I need to call a plumber?

Also the bolts to the tank were rusted really bad and leaking. I bought
new
bolts and put them on and one side still keeps leaking (the same side that
was leaking before I changed them). I have bought two sets of bolts to
tank kits and neither seem to stop the drip. Can I just cheat and put the
bolts on, tighten them and then put some kind of caulk or sealant around
the bolts? Or do I need to call a plumber?

Did you replace the wax seal the toilet is sitting on? The toilet has to be
lifted off and the seal cleaned and replaced, then bolted back down.