Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
[email protected] acctforjunk@yahoo.com is offline

Default Choosing a furnace

Bubba wrote:
On 26 Sep 2006 14:57:38 -0700, wrote:

permits
$3299

Again, hardly covers my costs-

This I don't understand. These are a random sampling of 3 contractors,
two very well known with all the certifications. And these prices are
cheap??

You dont understand there mr worldly. You live in one area of the
planet. We all live in another. You dont think we all charge the same,
do you? The cost of living is not the same in every area of the
planet. It varies greatly. So does hvac installation. If you want more
prices, get more estimates.
Bubba
Bubba

I'm going on the assumption that anyone commenting on prices are in the
US. Now if they're in Canada, I could see how the prices seem low. I
did quote in dollars. But one guy said he's in Mississippi and his
cost would be at least 1000 more. I never thought of the city I live
in as having a low cost of living. As a matter of fact, I did some
quick checking and it's average or more than average. Labor here is
probably not cheap, relatively speaking (Michigan). I could be wrong.