Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Depot sucks

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
t...
Home Depot dose that for a lot of things I brought a set of room
measurements to the inch extremely detailed , door layouts beyond any
blueprint. They said they have to come out and measure it for $50 dollars.
They told me all carpet places charge that, Well home Depot and Lowes are
the only two I've run into. My answer to them was if your to stupid to
give me a price from my drawings. then your not capable of installing my
carpet. Also the one time I ordered a door from HD it was all screwed up
the jambs were all broken. I just made new jambs myself. I also at the
same time ordered windows standard size, That was just a total nightmare,
the manager would hide when he saw me. HD is the kind of store that if
it's on the shelf and you know what you want you might be OK. I'll never
order anything from them again. Also their wood is really high priced and
crap. Here's my advice, why should you pay for someone trying to sell you
something. A lesson learned

Why anyone goes there for installed items is beyond me. Is it so difficult
to open the yellow pages (a phone book with yellow paper in it) and find a
locally owned contractor?