Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Bubba Bubba is offline

Default Choosing a furnace

On 26 Sep 2006 14:57:38 -0700, wrote:

She-Hate-Me wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

I have 3 choices:

Bryant Plus 90t
5 year parts/labor warranty
humidifier
media filter
duct cleaning (I need it)
very well established company with all the fancy certifications and
guarantees
permits
$4360

Cheap in my part of the country-

Bryant Plus 90t
5 year parts/2 year labor warranty
humidifier
media filter
duct cleaning still to be added to price, probably $300-400 more
very well established company with all the fancy certifications and
guarantees
permits
$3474

Hardly covers my costs-

Rheem RGRK
10 year parts/labor
humidifier
media filter
duct cleaning
smaller company, in business for over 15 years, owner seems very
competent
permits
$3299

Again, hardly covers my costs-

This I don't understand. These are a random sampling of 3 contractors,
two very well known with all the certifications. And these prices are
cheap??

You dont understand there mr worldly. You live in one area of the
planet. We all live in another. You dont think we all charge the same,
do you? The cost of living is not the same in every area of the
planet. It varies greatly. So does hvac installation. If you want more
prices, get more estimates.
Bubba
Bubba