Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave Sacramento Dave is offline

Default Home Depot sucks

Home Depot dose that for a lot of things I brought a set of room
measurements to the inch extremely detailed , door layouts beyond any
blueprint. They said they have to come out and measure it for $50 dollars.
They told me all carpet places charge that, Well home Depot and Lowes are
the only two I've run into. My answer to them was if your to stupid to give
me a price from my drawings. then your not capable of installing my carpet.
Also the one time I ordered a door from HD it was all screwed up the jambs
were all broken. I just made new jambs myself. I also at the same time
ordered windows standard size, That was just a total nightmare, the manager
would hide when he saw me. HD is the kind of store that if it's on the shelf
and you know what you want you might be OK. I'll never order anything from
them again. Also their wood is really high priced and crap. Here's my
advice, why should you pay for someone trying to sell you something. A
lesson learned

"Anthona" wrote in message
oups.com...
Those ads that are on TV are a real joke...not that I expected
otherwise..but someone should sue HD, for false advertisement. I
recently went to my local HD to look for a storm door replacement. I
was told by the salesman that they would have to send a measurer to my
home and there would be a $30 charge, which would be deducted to the
price of the new door, if they do the installation. I hesitated, but
its either I agree and get it done or not. So I reluctantly agreed.
Well, I was really taken aback when a couple arrived to do the
measuring. They were a ma and pa pair. Judging by their accent, I think
they were from Russia or one of those slavic country's...nothing wrong
with that, per se. The problem? First, it was their accent...they spoke
broken english...they were in an arrogant mode. After taking the
measurments, I asked to see it or at least make a copy of it, and she
said HD don't allow to show it. I demanded that I paid for it and i
want to see it. She was just about to hand it over to me to look at it,
and as I was to accept it, she withdrew quickly and cursed me in her
native tongue and took off in her car. I yelled that I was going to
tell HD..but that didn't phased them. I called HD and spoke to the
expeditor and she said she would make a note of it and would call me in
3 days to let me know what the measurements are. Where the heck does HD
get these people? I was looking for a professional man or woman, who
could explain to me what and why they were making such measurements in
an area, where I was told by one of their salesman on the phone, to
just measure the door only I knew that was wrong, I have had
previously installed jambs to accommodate the door i have now. I know
its not the standard size..but I thought at least they were installed
already and make a custom door to fit in. I wonder how cheaply HD is
paying these people that are sent to measure only. ..maybe that was the
reason of their arrogance.