Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Home Depot sucks

Anthona wrote:
Those ads that are on TV are a real joke...not that I expected
otherwise..but someone should sue HD, for false advertisement. ...

[snip story of measurement and disillusionment]...

What, specifically, was in an ad that was false? I see nothing in your
story that implies any breach of promise could have been made. You
asked for a measurement, they sent somebody out to measure. The rest
was, undoubtedly, not necessarily the best in terms of customer
relations, but where is it written (or even implied) that you are
"owed" the measurements? All HD has agreed is to supply an installed
door into the opening which, I'm sure, they would/will do assuming you
don't stop them. The $30 front-end fee and the reluctance to provide
data to a customer is to prevent the otherwise inevitable "drive-offs"
that would otherwise be the result--they measure, the customer takes
the measurements and goes somewhere else. Sad to say, I can't blame HD
given the state of most customers these days.

As for going to HD in the first place for anything but a standard
off-the-shelf run-of-the-mill item, enough said...you don't go to
McDonald's for prime rib.