Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa Teamcasa is offline

Default Cheap Table saw question

"wylie asked"
I'm a novice to woodworking looking for a passable starter table saw in
the $100 range and under.

"Leon"
To be honest with you here, you cannot buy a good jig saw or circle saw
for that kind of money much less a tool that normally costs 5 to 10 times
more unless you find a good deal on a used contractors TS.

"Locutus" While I agree with you on the tablesaw, you can certainly get
good circular and jig saws for $100....

If you are talking about new then Leon's dead right. - The only way to get a
new on for less is to buy it from the guys selling from the back of his van.

The OP can get some decent stuff used if he is patient and willing to watch
local yard sales, craiglists or auctions. If he gets suckered into buying
some piece of junk from Harbor Fright, he'll soon regret it.

Dave