Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus Locutus is offline

Default Cheap Table saw question

"Leon" wrote in message
m...

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm a novice to woodworking looking for a passable starter table saw in
the $100 range and under. Something servicable to start with. I was
looking at Lowes Task Force BT2500W and ShopMaster SM200L. I will be
doing mostly miter cuts and plan on buildng a miter sled but I want the
versatility of a table saw. Projects will be simple homeowner stuff
(porch steps and shelving) and some recreational items (hurlers like
trebuchets and catapults).

-wylie

To be honest with you here, you cannot buy a good jig saw or circle saw
for that kind of money much less a tool that normally costs 5 to 10 times
more unless you find a good deal on a used contractors TS.

While I agree with you on the tablesaw, you can certainly get good circular
and jig saws for $100....