Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot is offline

Default A very silly question

Steve Firth wrote:
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:57:45 +0100, Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot wrote:

Otherwise try www.machinemart.com

Probably a better bet.

I have a blue folding hand truck from Machine Mart, it's very well
built and has large pneumatic tyres for crossing rough ground.

WE also have a small platform truck which looks similar to those sold
at Aldi/Lidl but there's a huge difference in construction. The one
we got cost £15 but can move a quarter tonne and has sturdy wheels
and deck. I wouldn't try to move 100kg on the Aldi version. Same
size, smaller wheels, thin wall tube and very thin load plate.

Yup, the...Netto I think...one was/is truly a pile of ****e. If it hadn't
been so cheap, and if I could have been arsed, and also hadn't needed to use
it that morning, it would have gone back. Used as a flat trolley the
metalwork holding the small wheels on buckled with about 50-60kg on it.

Still, it served its purpose. Depends what they're needed for I suppose.

Si