Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default Choosing a furnace

"Noon-Air" writes:

What can go wrong with a bad doctor, or a bad mechanic, or a bad
cook,

Those are fairly self explanatory. None of these folks are installing
brand new HVAC systems though.

What are the top 10 things that folks have actually seen (or heard
directly from someone who saw, no hypotheticals please) screwed up by
prior installers, and the potential consequences of those screwups?

You want pictures??

Not necessary, but hey if ya got em.... I would like the cult
followers of the "good installation is more important than a brand
selected" religion to give some real examples of the actual perils of
a bad/rookie installation.

For the purpose of limiting the discussion, let's leave system
sizing out of the equation because a) assume we're replacing an
existing system that the owner would notice is either
evenly/adequately heating or cooling the house or not, backed up
by b) assume the homeowner has gotten several quotes and has
reviewed them to see whether all bidders have quoted consistent
sizes c) the folks doing the estimates are doing the sizing, and
the actual installer is showing up with a given size unit already
in the truck.

sizing?? whats to say that your furnace was sized correctly in the first
place??

Nothing. Which is why b) and c) are also assumed as backups.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/