Glenn Ashmore

Default If you were building the dream shop

It is not just OSHA. It is plain good sense. 200 psi is not a lot of
safety margin for a 120 psi system and the failure mode is a lot more
destructive than copper or iron pipe.

Besides, sometime in the last 15 years they even started printing "NOT
FOR USE WITH COMPRESSED GASSES" right on the side of most plastic pipe.
Guess the pipe makers were getting hit with to many lawsuits from
people like you.

Tbone wrote:
Well I've used it 3/4" and 8 outlets for 15yrs in my shop and no
problems. Sch 40 has a burst rating of 200psi. You do need a flex
fitting at the compressor connection. Stick with OSHA and their BS and
you can't deal with the real world.

TBone

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 03:09:00 GMT, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article tdKKb.24806$ti2.2319@lakeread03,
"michaeltcooper" wrote:

I don't know if someone already mentioned it, but 220v power and 3/4" PVC
for shop air are the things I wish I had.

For about the 9 millionth time, PVC is not safe for shop air, and I
really don't care how many of you are using it and "never had a
problem". The stuff shatters, it is not suitable for pressurized gas
service, and it has injured and/or killed people. This pretty well
covers it:

http://www.osha.gov/dts/hib/hib_data/hib19880520.html

Use copper, iron, or a plastic pipe which is actually approved for air
service.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com