stuart noble

Default Is there any such thing as a wood filler that doesn't crack?

Alex wrote in message ...
I repaired my front door last summer, with a combination of Dulux
Weathershield exterior filler, and some two part filler for the bigger

gaps.
Used the Weathershield paint system, ensuring to paint end grain on both
ends of the door. Looked lovely This year - bloody huge gaps around the
panels, filler cracked and falling out - is there anything I can do, or
should I just accept this?

There is no filler that will withstand the movement that *can* take place in
wooden panels unless it is so flexible it feels like rubber. However it is
not normal for wood to keep on moving unless it is repeatedly getting soaked
and drying out.