Tbone

Default If you were building the dream shop

Well I've used it 3/4" and 8 outlets for 15yrs in my shop and no
problems. Sch 40 has a burst rating of 200psi. You do need a flex
fitting at the compressor connection. Stick with OSHA and their BS and
you can't deal with the real world.

TBone

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 03:09:00 GMT, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article tdKKb.24806$ti2.2319@lakeread03,
"michaeltcooper" wrote:

I don't know if someone already mentioned it, but 220v power and 3/4" PVC
for shop air are the things I wish I had.

For about the 9 millionth time, PVC is not safe for shop air, and I
really don't care how many of you are using it and "never had a
problem". The stuff shatters, it is not suitable for pressurized gas
service, and it has injured and/or killed people. This pretty well
covers it:

http://www.osha.gov/dts/hib/hib_data/hib19880520.html

Use copper, iron, or a plastic pipe which is actually approved for air
service.