Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock Brian Sharrock is offline

Default Britih Gas: Cubic Feet to Cubic Matres

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
raden wrote:

What IS the point of point of so many decimal places
... other than making you look a bit silly

Especially in view of the fact that BG truncate the conversion factor to 2
decimal places (100 ft^3 = 2.83 m^3) and the meter's only accurate to
about ±2% in the first place.

--
Andy

Jumping in again; I've studied my bills and their counterpart on the web.
BG state that cons* = consumption in cubic feet. They cite my average cons*
as approx 2 per day- the only figure quoted is four digits - not the two
'smaller red' digits
So; somewhere BG are inconsistent - they don't quote cubic feet but
_hundreds of cubic feet_.

--

Brian