Posted to alt.home.repair
Stevey Sandlin Stevey Sandlin is offline

Default house smells

On 19 Sep 2006 15:15:23 -0700, "Eddie G" wrote:

My cat box is in the basement and it seems the oder sometimes gets into
the air blower. Would it hurt anything if I sprayed the air filter
with Febreeze or some other air freshener? Since the air is blowing
out of the blower into the filter I don't see how this could hurt
anything. My only concern is during the winter when the furnace goes
on that if the air freshener is flammable it could ignite.

Thanks!!

Eddie G

Eddie,
Try out a filter that has activated charcoal in it, it would be worth
spending the money on. You only have so many options, fitter the air
and remove the smell, TRY and mask the smell, or get rid of the cat or
rid of the reason for the smell (better sanitation.)

However, I would like to point out something that may or may not be
important to you. If you think the smell is "bad" I can promise you
anyone that visits and doesn't have a cat will think the smell is
extremely bad.
Even if you don't smell your cat, anyone that visits you home will
know you have one. You just get use to the smell, but it is still
there.