Posted to alt.home.repair
Stubby Stubby is offline

Default Copper prices

Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 09:43:38 -0600, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"
wrote:

"DK" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 21:13:37 -0600, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"
wrote:

Actually, copper will NEVER come back down in price. Not in your
life time.

Oh it will. Every commodity does once the supply/demand evens out and it
won't take 40-50 years to happen. There's over 100 years of supply
available to be mined, it's just a matter of waiting for the mining
companies to get at it. As more supply enters the market, prices will drop.
Part of what we're seeing is also a function of market investment driving
prices up too. Considering most commodities were at their lowest price in
decades (inflation adjusted), it may take a bit longer to come down but it
will, and I should definitely be around to see it.
Cheers,
cc

And you never know when they're going to invent cheap synthetic
copper.

That's already been done. Check out pennies since 1982 -- aluminum core!