Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y,uk.gov.social-security,uk.rec.cars.misc
SteveH SteveH is offline

Default Do old -style opticians cut lenses on premises [OT]

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Loss of eyesight for the sake of new lenses every now and then due to
scratches seems to be a poor pay-off to me.

In nearly 40 years of wearing glasses I don't think I have ever had a
lens break or shatter whilst they have been near my eyes. I have had
plastic lenses and they became annoyingly scratched in a a year or two.
With glass lenses they might get one or two in their life of many years.

Not an issue for me. I break frames more or less every 18 months anyway.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL