Posted to uk.gov.social-security,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.d-i-y,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
tony tony is offline

Default Do old -style opticians cut lenses on premises [OT]

Mike G wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message

The cracks in glass are better quality, I guess? :-)
i prefer plastic it doesnt shatter, it is lighter and i cant tell the
difference in quality, any problems i have got is down to how good
the original prescription is! you dont get a choice they all plastic
nowadays- no one asked me "would you like glass sir? or a poke in the
eye with a blunt stick!" LOL

I have no problem getting glass lenses.
I appreciate your point about the danger of glass shattering but I
sill prefer glass because they are less prone to scratching

I prefer glass for the same reason. In my job, plastic and grinding dust
don't go well together. A few days and plastic lenses will start to show
scratches. Glass is far more scratch resistant.
Mike.

They apply a scratch resistant coating to mine.