Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default Builders PVA, same as PVA wood glue?

Stuart wrote:
On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:15:17 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Weatherlawyer wrote:
Staffbull wrote:
I've got nearly 5lt of builders PVA (Cementone) and am wondering
if it is the same as normal PVA woodglue?

It is. Bottle it in fairy liquid containers or similar. It keeps a
very long time out of the air and frost. It might skim over in an
opened large can.

I've oft wondered the same thing myself; however are you sure? Eg,
if you take a look at one supplier - Screwfix - the dearest version
of 'PVA' appears to be this one:

working out at 15.24 GBP/litre; whereas this one:
comes in at only 1.40 GBP/litre. That's a big difference to account
for a cute brand name and some economies of scale.

David

And this

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...nid=J43G5UHJKX
PAWCSTHZPCFFI?_dyncharset=UTF-8&howMany=15&searchText=22952&x=8&y=9
is £3.58 a litre .

Stuart

Dont know about other brands,but the evo-stick wood glue and evo-bond PVA
are both the same.

I should know..the fire surrond I built was glued together with evo-bond
PVA and I hit a knot with the router on lower back rail and it shattered
the wood,so had to replace that section and was a bugger trying to seperate
what was left of the back rail from the left and right upright post.
In the end had chop out as much to the joints as possible and use a chisle
to get the remains off. :-(

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite