Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default solar panels

On 2006-09-24 12:05:29 +0100, "Bioboffin" said:

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Bioboffin" wrote in message

You have a point, but I'm not yet convinced that it would be a
cost-effective improvement for us. I suspect that most house buyers
tend to be more impressed by modern-looking kitchens than by solar
cells on the roof.

What exactly do you mean by solar cells?

Are you talking about solar water heatinig or pv panels?

I wasn't really drawing a distinction. I guess that currently solar
water heating is the more usual, because it is cheaper to install. On
the other hand, you can end up with overheated water in the summer.

Notwithstanding that they are plug ugly and ruin the exterior
appearance of a property almost as much as stone cladding.