Posted to alt.home.repair
JANA JANA is offline

Default Copper prices

I am an investment planner in precious metals and energies markets. For the
last year or so, the whole precious metals market and the energies have
being going up. Just in the last few weeks these commodities have dropped a
number of points, but this is going to only be temporary.

In the last 5 years, the average cost of gold has been increased from 280 US
to 560 US average price per ounce. This works to about 40% per year average.
Gold is the basic leader for the metals markets in general. Metals like
Zinc, copper, and silver are considered low end precious or semi-precious
metals. Aluminums is not far behind, since its cost to produce is going up
very strongly. By-the-way, in case you are interested, if you put your money
in a quality gold mining company about 5 years ago, it would be worth more
than 200% today in comparison to what you started with.

You can see the gold charts he http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

In the Far East and in China, there is a tremendous industrial growth going
on. It is far greater than what we can imagine over in North America or in
Europe. All the large corporations are starting to manufacture most
everything over there. There are incredibly large markets opening up in
Asia, Russia, South Africa, and other areas. The North American and European
consumer markets are actually shrinking. These manufactures need many types
of materials, oil, and most of the available precious metals to do their
manufacturing. Most of the zinc, copper, gold, and silver, end up in the
electronics industry. The mining industries are having a difficult time to
keep up with the orders for the metals. They have expressions, that say that
they cannot get the minerals out of the ground fast enough for their
customers. Or, the metals are sold before they come out from the ground.

Some of the factors that effect the metals markets are the world US dollar
value, the inflation, the US interest rates, the demand for the metals, and
also the political stability.

During unstable times, many of the large investors start putting their money
in to gold, thus driving the gold price up. The other metals generally
follow, because all the markets are related in many ways. The price of oil
also follows up and down in a near pattern to that of the gold. Every day,
there are millions of shares being bought and sold in the oil and precious
metals. When there is a lot of buying of these commodities, the price
generally goes up.

This explanation only touches on the subject to give you an idea. The exact
detailed reasons for the movement of the metals and energy commodities
prices is fairly complex to explain in a simple email text.

Mark down the prices of what you are paying in the store for the copper
pieces. In a few years from now, take in your note pad, and make the
comparison. You should see a big difference.

--

JANA
_____

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
Possibly already been argued ad nauseum, but what the heck is making copper
so damned expensive? I priced out Romex, now that I will be able to re-wire
my newly grounded box, and its outrageous. $146 dollars for 10/2 x 250 ft?
What's worse, 100 feet is less than half the cost, and 1000 feet is a tad
(like 10 bucks) under 4 times the cost. Don't even talk to me about 12/2 or
14/2. It ain't cheaper to get more now, it sure was 2 months ago.

Copper pipe is just as bad. What's happened in the world that has made
copper such a valuable commodity? Please don't tell me the war in Iraq,
'cause that's BS.