Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Copper prices

Possibly already been argued ad nauseum, but what the heck is making copper
so damned expensive? I priced out Romex, now that I will be able to re-wire
my newly grounded box, and its outrageous. $146 dollars for 10/2 x 250 ft?
What's worse, 100 feet is less than half the cost, and 1000 feet is a tad
(like 10 bucks) under 4 times the cost. Don't even talk to me about 12/2 or
14/2. It ain't cheaper to get more now, it sure was 2 months ago.

Copper pipe is just as bad. What's happened in the world that has made
copper such a valuable commodity? Please don't tell me the war in Iraq,
'cause that's BS.