Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256 Rich256 is offline

Default Fixing Briggs and Stratton lawn tractor Update 2

Ether Jones wrote:
Rich256 wrote:

Yeah, I got it turned around but I don't think that makes a difference
to what I was saying. That is that a stuck open valve would not
produce what he saw.

I don't recall anyone postulating that a stuck-open valve might cause
the symptoms Paul described. A broke valve spring might, though (on
theoretical grounds - I've never had the pleasure of actually
witnessing the symptoms of a broken valve spring).

Again I agree. Just that if the head is easily available it is a quick
way to eliminate the problem of a broken valve. I have seen both broken
and stuck valves.

I can't see that really being related to the starter problems. But I
can't see the starter problem having anything to do with the original
problem of the engine running rough and then dieing either!!

My thoughts keep going back to something electrical. What kind of
ignition does that engine have?