Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Can I laminate over laminate

CR wrote:
[snip]There are special laminates that have color all the way through
them that are used to make attractive edges. Strips of different colors of
the solid color laminate are glued on top of each other at the edges and the
body of the counter is layed up with cheaper laminates on top of each other,
sometimes four layers thick. Then the edge is beveled so that the different
colors all show, one on top of each other beveled back.

Solidcore laminates have been discontinued by most (if not all) of the
major distributors here in Canada at least and none of my US sources
list it anymore... The stuff used to be huge money... and I mean huge.
The OP was after something cheap and temporary. Solicore ain't it.

This stuff, has pretty much replaced 'the black line' problem:
http://www.countertop.com/theproduct...decoedges.aspx

....also not cheap.