Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JR North JR North is offline

Default emerson vcr problem

All Emerson VCRs are crap, except for the WVM968 which gave me many
years of good service. Still works..
Dissassemble yours; don't be gentle about it, and manually remove the
tape. It may be wrapped around the head still, so be careful here if the
tape is valuable to you. You can rotate the drive components by hand to
unload the mechanism.
JR

Chris B wrote:

I was recording a show this morning when the vcr turned itself off. Now
whenever I try to turn it on, or actually push any button on the remote or
the vcr itself, the power button flashes and nothing else happens. I know
it is an old vcr and will be happy to put it to rest, but I would like to at
least get the tape in it, out of it.

Anyone know if the machine is shot, and if there is a way to get the tape
out of it if it won't let me eject it?