Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default solar panels

Nigel wrote:

Hi,

Does any one know of a site where you can roughly work out how mush money
you will save with solar panels. We are thinking of getting them put we need
to work how much we will save and how many years it would take to get the
money back.

Thanks

Nigel

You forgot to say which type of solar panels, PV, hot water or space
heating. PV will never pay its cost back, unless youre a long way from
the grid, HW can if its well enough designed, a lot of systems dont,
and space heating is the one with the lowest cost and highest return.

Re a ready calculator site, there is no way the technology is nearly
simple enough to do that. There are so many design choices, it depends
on the house etc etc etc etc. The nearest I've found is
news:alt.solar-thermal, where at least they can give you some guidance
with making choices and working it all out.

NT