Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default Monoblock tap removal

On 23 Sep 2006 01:22:18 -0700, "stixwix" wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Plumbers use a set of box spanners. They are around a £5 from a 'real'
plumbers shop.

Sockets and box spanners won't work because the water supply pipes
connect to the base of the tap. I would have thought this would always
be the case? I'll see if i can pick up a normal 'open' spanner from a
hardware shop.

But I thought you were trying to remove what you describe as the "big nut" in
other words,the one that holds the tap to the basin so a box spanner should do
or an adjustable or similar .. If you want to fully remove the tap then you will
also need to undo the nearest connector to the supply pipes which should be
somewhere near to the tap either at the foot of the flexible connectors or on
the copper pipe ..

Stuart