Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Monoblock tap removal

In article . com,
stixwix wrote:
Plumbers use a set of box spanners. They are around a £5 from a 'real'
plumbers shop.

Sockets and box spanners won't work because the water supply pipes
connect to the base of the tap. I would have thought this would always
be the case? I'll see if i can pick up a normal 'open' spanner from a
hardware shop.

You said you wanted to remove the tap, so to do this you'll have to
disconnect the pipes. After that you can usually get a box spanner on to
the nut.

But if you wish to just slacken the nut without disconnecting, a pair of
slip joint (waterpump) pliers is likely to be as good as an open end
spanner.

--
*How can I miss you if you won't go away?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.