Posted to alt.home.repair
Keith Williams Keith Williams is offline

Default Bamboo vs. Pergo

In article , says...
Keith Williams writes:

Bamboo isn't all that pricey. I put down 700sq.ft. last year for
about $2500, including installation and tear-up of the vinyl floor
and some subfloor replacement. In fact it was cheaper to go bamboo
than a mid-grade vinyl replacement floor.

Wow, interestting. Perhaps I managed to pick the most expensive
supplier to quote and didn't bother looking further. I may revisit
it in the future. Thanks for the post Keith.

This is the stuff I bought:

http://www.diyflooring.com/item_3344...ed-medium.html

The price seems to vary quite a bit (as low as $260/sq.ft. a while
back). It's *easy* to put down (every piece is perfect). In fact
if I did it again, I'd do the work. It would take me longer, but I
think I could do a better job. The only hard part was ripping up
the vinyl and cleaning the old glue off the floor (and the guy I
hired hired a kid to do that .

--
Keith