Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default re-painting tile question

"chili palmer" wrote in
oups.com:

Al Bundy wrote:

Painted? I never heard of anyone doing that. Maybe it was common once
before but it sounds dumb second only to the HD guy saying to spackle
it.

oh hell yes.. i've seen this alot.

Well I'll be..."It just goes to show ya. It's always sumthin'." :-)

it's not bad if the tile is prepped before you paint it

Iiiiii've never painted a tile, but I imagine a good soaking with
muriatic acid would make a nice bonding surface

The last tile prepping acid mix had the ratio if you actually want to
etch tile...without paint on them I assume.

paint is nothing more than colored adhesive