Posted to rec.woodworking
Renata Renata is offline

Default fein multimaster

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:09:15 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"Renata" wrote in message
.. .

Another use Ihadn't thought of and therefore, one more justification!

Actually, I saw a demo on tv and it seemed right handy to cut the
bottom of door trim when one needs to insert flooring material (that's
higher than the original floor).

Yeah, I wish I had owned the tool when I added a new floor in my bathroom.

You mentioned that you might wait until the new model comes out. I called
Fein and talked to them about that about 5-6 weeks ago. The rep indicated
that there was no planed release date yet and that I might wait a long time.
Either way the new model will include an indexing pin to keep the blades
from pivoting while in use. If you tighten the blades tight enough and use
them correctly there should be no problem.
The rep told me to remember to use the tool like you would use a knife
cutting fresh baked bread. If you simply push down on the bread with the
knife the bread will collapse. You should always use a slight to moderate
back and forth motion to help the debris clear out of the blade teeth. With
this technique you don't have to push so hard causing the blade changes
position. Either way IIRC there is a retro kit to make the current models
work like the new models with respect to the indexing pin. IIRC it's about
$10. The rep did not recommend it unless I started to actually have a
problem.

THANX!

Renata