Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scrap Price for Copper

.. wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
TheScullster wrote:
Having just had my central heating upgraded, I was looking to
recover some of the cost taking the pipe to scrap metal dealer.
Anyone know the latest value of this stuff?
Wonder if it will cost more in petrol to take it?

Phil

All commodities have plummeted recently.

rubbish http://www.letsrecycle.com/prices/metalsPrices.jsp

Not rubbish at all. I know. I watch the prices daily.

Oil down from nearly $80/barrel to $62

Copper peaked at $7600/ton and is now recovering after falling to below
$7000

Gold peaked at around $700/oz now around $580

Silver peaked at $13.2/oz now down at $11.1

Platinum peaked at $1275 now down around $1136

CRB commodities index peaked at 315, now down at 281

Check out uk.warrants.com or Reuters or the FT.