Posted to uk.d-i-y
. . is offline

Default Scrap Price for Copper

Clive George wrote:
"." [email protected] wrote in message
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
TheScullster wrote:
Having just had my central heating upgraded, I was looking to
recover some of the cost taking the pipe to scrap metal dealer.
Anyone know the latest value of this stuff?
Wonder if it will cost more in petrol to take it?

All commodities have plummeted recently.

rubbish http://www.letsrecycle.com/prices/metalsPrices.jsp

Well done, you're successfully quoted some out of data information.
In terms of commodity pricing, August is not "recent".

clive

how about taking £60 quids worth of scrap copper in last friday ?
how recent do you want it, clive ? there's been no change in the
price at the gate for scrap copper. every plumber within 50 miles
of me would have erupted with grief about it and I would have
heard about this imagined "plummet" several times over.

sorry to the OP, the weigh in reciept is elsewhere so I can't give
the price per kilo.