Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Old jointer knives update

In article . com, "stryped" wrote:
Went to Sears awhile ago. Their blades for a jointer look identical to
the blades that came off my vintage craftsman jointer with one
exception, the ones at sears are 1/16 of an inch shorter. In my old
manual for this jointer, it says to let the blade overhang the
cutterhead 1/16 of an inch on each side. I could nto do that with
these. I am thinking it still might work. They are 24.99. What do you
think?

I think that you need to experiment -- and *think* -- a little bit before
posting. _Of_course_ they'll work.

--
Regards,