Posted to rec.woodworking
bremen68 bremen68 is offline

Default Best finish for Oak kitchen table?

I used the Minwax version of the wipe on poly (gloss) this spring on my
oak table top and it turned out great. Three coats with steel wool and
tac cloth in between each coat.

So far it's held up with no problems, no water rings, and no
scratches... and it's me SWMBO and three munchkins abusing it on a
regular basis.

A nice bonus with the wipe on that I found was the limited odor. I did
the project right in the dining room in the evenings after the wee ones
were in bed and it didn't fill the house with any fumes.