Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default house smells

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
news:OK1Qg.570073$IK3.35712@pd7tw1no...
Eddie G wrote:
My cat box is in the basement and it seems the oder sometimes gets into
the air blower. Would it hurt anything if I sprayed the air filter
with Febreeze or some other air freshener? Since the air is blowing
out of the blower into the filter I don't see how this could hurt
anything. My only concern is during the winter when the furnace goes
on that if the air freshener is flammable it could ignite.

Thanks!!

Eddie G

Hi,
Relocate the litter box. Be logical. I have 3 cats in the house, litter
box is on the main floor far from return air duct.
Also I clean the box twice a day every day.

I almost made the mistake of putting the cat box in the basement - then good
sense came back. I put a cat door in the garage to livingroom doorway and
stuck the box in the garage where it belongs. Clean every day, change the
litter every week and no problems.