Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default house smells

"Eddie G" wrote in news:1158704123.560777.16470
@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

My cat box is in the basement and it seems the oder sometimes gets into
the air blower. Would it hurt anything if I sprayed the air filter
with Febreeze or some other air freshener? Since the air is blowing
out of the blower into the filter I don't see how this could hurt
anything. My only concern is during the winter when the furnace goes
on that if the air freshener is flammable it could ignite.

Thanks!!

Eddie G

Key is to check it periodocially throughout the day. Scoop out only the
soiled litter and put in airtight bag.

Cat's don't like soiled litter. Do you think you would like to **** in a
toilet that already had a load in it? They don't even like to go in a cat
box given a choice. Wherever I've been, I've always made an exit so they
can go outdoors on their own. Once they find this, they will choose to go
to "their" spot 99% of the time. It also provides an exit in case of
fire.

If your cat is a male and unneutered, the smell is nasty and lengthy.
This is just nature. Get the cat neutered and it will tone down
unbelievably.