Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default asphalt millings

According to webber1998 :

I went out and checked what they had for me and yes, it is still fairly
"juicy". Yesterday was fairly sunny and it was pretty goopy stuff. (
Love that English ! ).

Heh. I spent a couple of summers working in a refinery lab, where one
of the most frequent tests I did was on road building asphalt.

It's _startling_ how soft/gooey it is even at room temperature when
in the unmixed state. Took me a while to believe that was what
it was, because I was _sure_ anybody driving on it would sink right
through. In the raw/unmixed state, it starts turning liquid around
85-95F. Yeah, really.

The aggregates mixed into it makes all the difference.

I can get the heat, but not sure about the liquid asphalt.

Well, short of buying a tanker truck full...

It might be worth contacting a driveway paver, and see what they
say about using your material... That'd make things very simple.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est