Posted to rec.woodworking
stryped stryped is offline

Default I got a jointer...... not sure if I wanted it????

Is that the right part number? I went to sears.com and they had a
different number and they were 24.99?
Don Wheeler wrote:
"stryped" wrote in
ps.com:

Hi,

i got a call from my dad who was at an auction. he knew I wanted a
jointer. He said one was there. I asked if it was in good shape. He
said yea. To make a long story short, he got it for 50 bucks. He
brought it home and It looks very old. It is a craftsman model number
103.23320. It is missing a belt. It is on top of a home made stand with
wheels. On the second shelf of the stand is a sears and robuck motor
with a pully with several different sized pulleys on one pulley. The
jointer has a fence. It has 3 knifes that look like they are not gouged
but probably need sharpened.

I typed the model number on the sears website and it said parts are no
longer available.

I have the identical machine. It was given to me by a friend. It had been
stored in the back of a shop for years and had dull knives, no motor, no
stand, and the bearings were bad. And it was a ball of rust. But I took
it completely apart, cleaned off most of the rust, re-painted it, built a
stand and spent about $150 bucks to replace the missing/bad parts. It
still has rust stains on the beds but they are flat. After re-alignment it
works like a champ.

I bought new knives at Sears for about $30, part number 92293. They're
pretty standard.

If you don't know much about jointers, PLEASE read up on them before you
turn this thing on. There is a lot of stuff on the web on alignment and
safe use.

Don