Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Grunff Grunff is offline

Default OT. New online postage stamps?

Brian Morrison wrote:

To endure that printing the stamp is done from within the Java sandbox
so that only one print attempt per bar-code can be made.

Well, yes, but if they display it full size, you can always screen-grab it.

While Java is beautiful, I have never liked Java applets. There is
*always* a better, neater way of achieving the task. It seems many
developers agree with me, since the use of Java applets is dropping like
a stone.

Exactly why I would have thought it's important not to allow multiple
printing if it worked this way.

But it wouldn't be fraud-proof, you'd still need duplicate checking at
the scanning end. If you didn't have that, I could simply scan the
printout and make as many copies as I want. Checking at the point of
printing is totally pointless.

--
Grunff