Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Federal Pacific Fuse Panel

On 18 Sep 2006 13:29:15 -0700, "TrailRunner" wrote:

I have a Federal Pacific fuse panel. I don't have problems with the
panel. But, it is a split bus panel. Should the panel be replaced if
I am not having problems? It's a 200 amp panel.

Thanks,

Dan

imho:

Don't fix what isn't broken. Unlike beakers, many fuses are quicker
to act/protect in over current conditions. So fuses are used more
often in sensitive equipement today.

However in residential conditions, people often defeat the protection
of a fuse with the addition of a penny or foil, so many insurance
companies charge higher rates for fused panels, and some might want
you to upgrade.

So check with your insurance company, you don't want it slipping
through the cracks that you have a fused panel, and later having the
company say they wont cover for an accident.

later,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com